This unique book is a guide for students and graduates of mathematics, statistics, economics, finance, and other number-based disciplines contemplating a career in actuarial science. Given the comprehensive range of the cases that are analyzed in the book, the Actuaries' Survival Guide can serve as a companion to existing study material for all courses designed to prepare students for actuarial examinations.
- Based on the curricula and examinations of the Society of Actuaries (SOA) and the Casualty Actuarial Society (CAS)
- Presents an overview of career options and details on employment in different industries
- Provides a link between theory and practice; helps readers gain the qualitative and quantitative skills and knowledge required to succeed in actuarial exams
- Includes insights from over 50 actuaries and actuarial students
- Written by Fred Szabo, who has directed the actuarial co-op program at Concordia University for over ten years
Improve this page
Please let us know if you see an error or omission on this page.Provide Feedback